- The ability to control one’s feelings and overcome one’s weaknesses; the ability to pursue what one thinks is right despite temptations to abandon it.More example sentences
- They will have better self-control, personal self-discipline and an increased ability to stay focused on their objectives.
- The scheme was designed to encourage initiative, self-discipline, leadership and caring skills in young people.
- I can think of it as self-discipline to make me stronger.
- More example sentences
- I'm good at working at something I believe in, but I'm not the most self-disciplined person at doing things I don't like.
- A capacity for brilliant long-range planning, mobilising technical expertise, carried out by clear-minded and self-disciplined individuals, has been the key to our civilization.
- Are you self-directed, self-motivated, comfortable with computers, like to read and write, self-disciplined, independent and able to stay on task?