Definition of self-discipline in English:
The ability to control one’s feelings and overcome one’s weaknesses; the ability to pursue what one thinks is right despite temptations to abandon it.
- They will have better self-control, personal self-discipline and an increased ability to stay focused on their objectives.
- The scheme was designed to encourage initiative, self-discipline, leadership and caring skills in young people.
- I can think of it as self-discipline to make me stronger.
- Example sentences
- I'm good at working at something I believe in, but I'm not the most self-disciplined person at doing things I don't like.
- A capacity for brilliant long-range planning, mobilising technical expertise, carried out by clear-minded and self-disciplined individuals, has been the key to our civilization.
- Are you self-directed, self-motivated, comfortable with computers, like to read and write, self-disciplined, independent and able to stay on task?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan