Definition of self-love in English:
Regard for one’s own well-being and happiness (chiefly considered as a desirable rather than narcissistic characteristic).
- We should not conclude that pity or other instinctual affections, or even rational self-love, are bad.
- He takes it for granted that self-love is properly condemned whenever it can be shown to be harmful to the community.
- Attempts have been made to subordinate sympathy to self-love, but they appear to me perverse.
- Example sentences
- The most self-loving thing you can do is refuse to participate in your husband's self-destructive behavior.
Definition of self-love in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan