- Regard for one’s own well-being and happiness (chiefly considered as a desirable rather than narcissistic characteristic).More example sentences
- We should not conclude that pity or other instinctual affections, or even rational self-love, are bad.
- He takes it for granted that self-love is properly condemned whenever it can be shown to be harmful to the community.
- Attempts have been made to subordinate sympathy to self-love, but they appear to me perverse.
More definitions of self-loveDefinition of self-love in:
- The British & World English dictionary