Movement caused by oneself or itself, not by an external action or agent.
More example sentences
- Vection illusion is the sensation of self-motion induced by relative movement of viewed objects.
- Third, although space and time are infinite, matter is spatio-temporally finite, and being endowed only with vis inertiae it has no power of self-motion.
- Immediately after the cessation of motion stimulation, the observer reports self-motion in the same direction as the previous section.
- More example sentences
- An automata is a self-moving machine, and so is a computer.
- He also addressed the Hobbesian argument that, since thought is a mode of matter and matter has no self-moving power, there cannot be any freedom of the will.