- (Of a boat) designed to right itself when capsized.More example sentences
- A locally designed and built self-righting search-and-rescue boat joined the national coast guard fleet yesterday to help beef up its disaster-relief capabilities.
- To add capability in maritime salvage, the coast guard said it had plans to buy six self-righting vessels and one multi-function ship with both fire fighting and towing capabilities.
- The 47-foot motor lifeboats are the backbone of the Coast Guard's rescue fleet and are designed to be self-righting in about 12 seconds and withstand breaking waves up to 20 feet.
More definitions of self-rightingDefinition of self-righting in:
- The British & World English dictionary