Definition of semiannual in English:
1Occurring twice a year; half-yearly: their semiannual meetings
More example sentences
- The sentiment seems to be widespread among the bishops who participated in the semi-annual meeting, held this past June in Englewood, a few miles from Denver, Colorado.
- Holmes will present research on his underwater listening device in Vancouver on May 20 at the semi-annual meeting of the Acoustical Society of America.
- Keeneland's board of directors resolved to support a national medication policy at its semi-annual meeting on Wednesday.
nounBack to top
A semiannual plant.
- Last fall's Garden Guide was just honored at the Western Publications Association's annual Maggie Awards ceremony in Los Angeles as the best Western publication in the annuals and semiannuals category.
- In your next entry, please let us know if now is the proper time of the year for planting annuals or semiannuals.
- Remember, if your basic garden structure doesn't give you enough colour to enjoy, there are plenty of annuals or semiannuals that will!
- Example sentences
- Interest will be paid semi-annually over the ten-year duration of the loan and the principal repaid, after a 42-month principal moratorium in 14 equal semi-annual instalments to 2015.
- In many markets, the big daily acts like a quasi-monopoly, raising advertising rates annually or semi-annually - anything to reach those historic 30 percent margins.
- We would expect them to leave the executives to do their job and meet perhaps quarterly or semi-annually.
Definition of semiannual in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.