- 1Partially automatic: a semiautomatic climate-control systemMore example sentences
- The introduction of the semi-automatic gearbox with no clutch pedal by both Renault and Saab failed to impress the market.
- All that is transmitted through a semi-automatic five-speed gearbox, which is a delight to use.
- The gearbox is an electrohydraulically-operated semi-automatic, and the hydraulics need to be pumped up by the engine.
- 1.1(Of a firearm) having a mechanism for self-loading but not for continuous firing: semiautomatic riflesMore example sentences
- Once hailed as the ultimate home-defense firearm, pistol-caliber semi-automatic carbines never caught on as well with the police or the general public as it did with gun writers.
- The shipment contained 220 assault rifles and 60 semi-automatic shotguns.
- Among the arms recovered were handguns, semi-automatic firearms, explosives, pipe bombs, bomb components and several bombs.
nounBack to top
- A semiautomatic firearm.More example sentences
- An instant later, the door burst open and he was staring down the muzzles of two semi-automatics and a handgun.
- Both books gave me considerable knowledge and insight into the use of handguns, both sixguns and semi-automatics.
- But this time around, Papa's got a tool shed full of semi-automatics and Mama's got an oven stocked with knives.
More definitions of semiautomaticDefinition of semiautomatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary