- 1(Of a person) only partially conscious: he dragged out the semiconscious pilotMore example sentences
- And many would argue that intelligence is made up of unconscious, conscious, and semi-conscious elements, experiences.
- Two weeks later, he was referred back to hospital after becoming semi-conscious and having convulsions.
- Thirteen-year-old girls have had to be brought to hospital after being found semi-conscious from alcohol in public parks in Limerick.
- 1.1(Of a feeling or memory) of which the person experiencing it is only vaguely or partially aware: semiconscious obsessionsMore example sentences
- It was only after wasting a year's worth of boarding school education that I made the semiconscious decision to start painting my lungs with powder and devouring my academics.
- It sent a semiconscious message about a newspaper's ability to reach a wide audience.
- Somehow you are always semiconscious of the possibility of showing your knickers, and keeping your knees together and whether or not it's riding up when you sit down.
More definitions of semiconsciousDefinition of semiconscious in:
- The British & World English dictionary