- Having the shape of half of an ellipse bisected by one of its diameters, especially the major axis.More example sentences
- Convex anterior border is transversely semi-elliptical in outline, with length equal to nearly 30 percent of width along border furrow.
- Though rectangular in form, an Ionic colonnade (rather than Corinthian, as in Washington) that contained a gallery for spectators threw the northern end of the room into a semi-elliptical figure.
- The reading room and its semi-elliptical extension are clad in monochromely pale Spanish stone counterpoised to the Portland stone of the Classical facades, in which patching is deliberately clearly visible.
More definitions of semiellipticalDefinition of semielliptical in:
- The British & World English dictionary