- Producing or conveying semen.More example sentences
- The passage of sperm from the seminiferous tubules of the testis to the vas deferens takes about 12 days.
- Following the postmeiotic phase, spermatozoa are released into the lumen of the seminiferous tubule of the testis and transported to the epididymis for storage.
- The seminiferous tubules in the testes, which are the origin of the sperm cells, however, will be reduced in diameter and size.
late 17th century: from Latin semen, semin- 'seed' + -ferous.
More definitions of seminiferousDefinition of seminiferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary