- Used in names of wading birds that have toes webbed for part of their length, e.g., semipalmated sandpiper.More example sentences
- The stress response of the spring migrating semipalmated plovers, an Arctic breeding species, varied between two years.
- The town had fewest species, but many of these showed larger numbers here than in the other ecosystems, e.g., semipalmated sandpipers, horned larks, savannah sparrows, white-crowned sparrows, and Lapland longspurs.
- While some species breeding there are well within their known breeding range, others, such as the white-rumped sandpiper, semipalmated sandpiper, and sanderling, are at the northern limit.
More definitions of semipalmatedDefinition of semipalmated in:
- The British & World English dictionary