Definition of semiprivate in English:
1Combining public and private elements: the design gives every unit its own façade and a semiprivate balcony
More example sentences
- There are no high-end resorts, but for $80 a night, four people can rent a private cabin on a semiprivate beach or a couple can rent a comfortable room at a full-amenity hotel.
- Power plants constitute obvious terrorist targets but are frequently operated by private or semiprivate corporations unwilling to pay to protect them.
- In addition to streets and individual yards, larger complexes now included a variety of public or semiprivate open spaces: small parks, squares, or common courtyards defined by building walls.
1.1(Of a hospital room) accommodating two patients.
- All the ICU patients were in private rooms; 28 of CCMU patients were in semiprivate rooms.
- They lay in hallways waiting for space in semiprivate rooms, where patients must be paired up according to level of illness or type of disease.
- It began life as a tuberculosis clinic and is now a semiprivate hospital for civil servants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan