Definition of semirigid in English:
1Stiff and solid, but not inflexible: a semirigid polyethylene hose
More example sentences
- For the museum project, Mulder shot-blasted the floor with an 80-grit profile, filled the control joints with a semi-rigid epoxy, and applied a 100% solids epoxy primer.
- The different types of connections that are commonly used fill the entire flexibility spectrum from flexible ‘hinge like’ connections to semi-rigid connections to rigid connections.
- Design and supervision of flexible and semi-rigid pavements adjusted to traffic forecast is a key issue in road construction.
1.1(Of an airship) having a stiffened keel attached to a flexible gas container.
- The main types of airship are non-rigid (or blimps), semi-rigid and rigid.
- What is needed therefore is a structurally light and aerodynamic airship. All these characteristics are combined in a semi-rigid airship.
Definition of semirigid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan