- Order or request that (something) be sent to one: you can send away for the recipeMore example sentences
- I knew that you folks were on tenterhooks about the new black sport coat I sent away for, and yes, as promised, I did have an excellent opportunity to give it its first live-fire exercise Tuesday night.
- Rowena immediately recognized it as the Chow Hall apron her sister had sent away for.
- A few years ago, armed with a few extra bucks from my quarterly student loan dispersement, I sent away for an exciting new book that appeared to be the answer to all of my questions about how the West sees herbal medicines.
More definitions of send away forDefinition of send away for in:
- The British & World English dictionary