- 1Of or prompted by feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia: she felt a sentimental attachment to the place creep over herMore example sentences
- Venezuela was chosen as his final destination for sentimental reasons - it's his mother's birthplace and where he grew up.
- ‘All I had was a pink rattle that I kept for sentimental reasons,’ she said.
- I still have a deep sentimental attachment to the union.
- 1.1(Of a work of literature, music, or art) dealing with feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia, typically in an exaggerated and self-indulgent way: a sentimental balladMore example sentences
- I'm usually not very sentimental about old things that I don't use anymore.
- The film isn't sentimental about death, the propagation of species, or other biological occurrences.
- There is nothing crass or sentimental about these tales.
- More example sentences
- She suggested that she and her sister would go over and clear out the apartment as I was to sentimentally attached to be doing it.
- I did not mind leaving that particular house, though I ran through it sentimentally on the last day and blessed each bare scrubbed room for the happy times I'd known there.
- The film-makers have clung sentimentally to the sweet, silly formula that made the original series an enduring favorite for more than 33 years after its debut.