1(Chiefly of a wound or a part of the body) infected with bacteria.
- The differential diagnosis of a cavitary lung lesion includes neoplasm, infection, and septic embolus.
- Most of the admissions were due to dehydration, gangrene and septic wounds.
- Someone who has had his or her spleen removed is thereafter more susceptible to septic infections, and as surgeons have come to accept this they have become less likely to carry out splenectomies.
2 [attributive] Denoting a drainage system incorporating a septic tank.
- If you encounter drainfield problems, contact an experienced, licensed septic maintenance company to discuss which of these options will work best for your particular system.
- His local septic contractor pumped the system out - twice.
- In southern areas such as the Mississippi Delta, the predominant mosquito vector for West Nile virus is Culex quinquefasciatus, which breeds in drainage ditches and septic ponds.
A drainage system incorporating a septic tank.
- We had a Boy Scout troop offer their meeting place and the building was fantastic, but where you parked the trucks was right where they have the septics.
- If so, the cost of connecting to that system may be more affordable than a new septic.
- We don't think it is the septic because we have tried running the water all over and we never get a backup in the tub or just running the water for a long time does not cause the toilet to backup.
- Example sentences
- Due to the multitude of cylinder block designs, the most diverse products can be processed both septically as well as aseptically.
- People do not want to know if their water is septically contaminated.
- Example sentences
- This invention is a process for controlling odor and septicity of sewage.
- To predict, prevent and control septicity of an entire sewerage system will be complex.
Words that rhyme with septicaseptic, dyspeptic, epileptic, nympholeptic, peptic, proleptic, sceptic (US skeptic)
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.