number (plural septillions or (with numeral) same)
- 1A thousand raised to the eighth power (1024). Compare with quadrillion.More example sentences
- This is a septillion times longer than the current age of the universe.
- Translated into arithmetical terms, the result is 79 octillion, 228 septillion, 162 sextillion, 514 quintillion, 270 quadrillion with 15 zeros attached; that is 79,228,162,270,000,000,000,000,000.
- Naturally occurring wormholes, if they exist at all, are likely to be extremely small, about 10 septillion times smaller than a typical atom.
late 17th century: from French, from million, by substitution of the prefix septi- 'seven' (from Latin septimus 'seventh') for the initial letters.
More definitions of septillionDefinition of septillion in:
- The British & World English dictionary