- A person who is from 70 to 79 years old.More example sentences
- Japan's parliament, or Diet, has more septuagenarians and octogenarians than almost any other, and they are ill-prepared for radical changes.
- It was staffed largely by senior citizens, and junkets of septuagenarians made up a large portion of the visitors.
- And the film, as it turns out, is a touching, beautifully told story about two septuagenarians who, 50 years after their adolescent romance, bump into each other once more and fall in love all over again.
late 18th century: from Latin septuagenarius (based on septuaginta 'seventy') + -an.
More definitions of septuagenarianDefinition of septuagenarian in:
- The British & World English dictionary