- A number showing the position of an item in a series, especially one printed on paper currency or on a manufactured article for the purposes of identification.More example sentences
- US intelligence has recorded their serial numbers to identify their source.
- The serial numbers are printed on adhesive strips, so I put the strip on the case.
- They were trying to see if they could identify him by the serial number on his gun.
More definitions of serial numberDefinition of serial number in:
- The British & World English dictionary