Definition of seriocomic in English:
Combining the serious and the comic; serious in intention but jocular in manner or vice versa: a telling seriocomic critique
More example sentences
- They have a serio-comic essay in Slate about the divergent paths that former politicians take in the United States and Europe.
- It begins as a serio-comic meditation on people's willingness to tolerate intimacy and accommodate the drives of their neighbours, before shifting into darker territory.
- Col. Blimp is not really a war movie, since it has no battle scenes, other than one excellent serio-comic sword fight.
- Example sentences
- I almost always have a story of some incredibly bad behavior Ive witnessed and usually end by serio-comically thanking her for raising me to be a good girl.
- Each is at once elitist and popular, adept at serio-comically pressing the limits of the Spanish language's expressivity.
Definition of seriocomic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia