Definition of seriocomic in English:
Combining the serious and the comic; serious in intention but jocular in manner or vice versa: a telling seriocomic critique
More example sentences
- They have a serio-comic essay in Slate about the divergent paths that former politicians take in the United States and Europe.
- It begins as a serio-comic meditation on people's willingness to tolerate intimacy and accommodate the drives of their neighbours, before shifting into darker territory.
- Col. Blimp is not really a war movie, since it has no battle scenes, other than one excellent serio-comic sword fight.
- seriocomically adverb
- Example sentences
- I almost always have a story of some incredibly bad behavior Ive witnessed and usually end by serio-comically thanking her for raising me to be a good girl.
- Each is at once elitist and popular, adept at serio-comically pressing the limits of the Spanish language's expressivity.
Definition of seriocomic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.