Definition of seronegative in English:
Giving a negative result in a test of blood serum, e.g., for the presence of a virus.
- Because these women initially are seronegative, serologic screening tests for HSV do not accurately detect those at highest risk.
- At the time of the third survey in November 1984 all children under the age of 5 years who were seronegative for hepatitis B virus infection were vaccinated.
- This approach requires that seronegative people are tested by these methods.
- Example sentences
- First, an incident must be reported, and second, the worker's baseline seronegativity and subsequent seroconversion must be documented.
- These findings were comparable with the study from South Africa which showed a seronegativity of 20 per cent for measles among fully immunized population, 72 per cent for mumps and 66 per cent for rubella.
- On the other hand, seronegativity implies that there is susceptibility to the infection.
Definition of seronegative in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India