noun (plural servicemen)
- 1A man serving in the armed forces.More example sentences
- He believed every serviceman who survived the war came back a hero.
- Harris, with whom Tedder clashed more than once, thought Tedder had one of the most brilliant minds of any serviceman.
- Four US Army troops, one US Air Force serviceman and a New Zealand officer died in Monday's incident.
- 2A person providing maintenance on machinery, especially domestic machinery.More example sentences
- At the information stall, it was raised that the machine servicemen were still working.
- Eighty-five-year-old pensioner Lex Morris took exception to his treatment by an electricity line maintenance serviceman, but is galled to find there is no way to stop him entering his Glanmire Road property.
- His servicemen are all carefully trained by DeLaval engineers and accredited to a very high standard.
More definitions of servicemanDefinition of serviceman in:
- The British & World English dictionary