Definition of sesame in English:
1A tall annual herbaceous plant of tropical and subtropical areas of the Old World, cultivated for its oil-rich seeds.
- Sesamum indicum, family Pedaliaceae
- Maize and sesame are common in the irrigated farms along the Wabe Sha ile River.
- Most of the crops are from dry land including groundnuts, sunflower, green gram, sesame and soya.
- The farmers in the village grew ragi, cow pea, pigeon pea, green gram, jowar, horse gram and sesame.
1.1 (sesame seed) The edible seeds of the sesame plant, which are used whole or have the oil extracted.
- I look at the people in the cars all being served with processed meat on sesame seed buns.
- Pour black sesame seeds into one small shallow bowl and white seeds into another.
- It packs a powerful yet sensual punch, thanks to a blend of mint leaf, sesame seed and hazel wood.
Definition of sesame in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan