noun(plural sesquicentenaries) chiefly British
- A sesquicentennial.More example sentences
- Victoria's sesquicentenary in 1984-85 prompted the controversial memorialisation of conflict between Aborigines and settlers, even on official plaques.
- Eric Richards edited a volume of social history for the South Australian sesquicentenary in 1986.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to a sesquicentennial.More example sentences
- Shirley Fitzgerald's Sydney 1842-1992 and shorter books on Chippendale, Surry Hills, Millers Point, and Pyrmont were a major part of Sydney City Council's sesquicentenary celebrations.
More definitions of sesquicentenaryDefinition of sesquicentenary in:
- The British & World English dictionary