- Of or relating to the one-hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary of a significant event.More example sentences
- The University of Michigan Medical School this year celebrates its sesquicentennial anniversary.
- Renovation and redecoration of church property was followed by an elaborate sesquicentennial celebration.
- Thus it was that I wound up postponing my degree and staying a fifth year to edit the sesquicentennial edition of the university's yearbook.
nounBack to top
- A one-hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary.More example sentences
- He performed at Harold Washington's mayoral inauguration in 1987, at Washington's funeral, and at Chicago's sesquicentennial.
- Philadelphia's 1926 effort to mark the nation's sesquicentennial with a world's fair was an aesthetic and commercial disappointment.
More definitions of sesquicentennialDefinition of sesquicentennial in:
- The British & World English dictionary