- The time taken for a measuring or control instrument to get within a certain distance of a new equilibrium value without subsequently deviating from it by that amount.More example sentences
- However, at intermediate diffusion rates there is a rise in settling time.
- The settling time of the voltage-clamp was determined by measuring the oocyte membrane potential as a function of time.
- Data settling time is often more critical, as the strobe transition is typically more aggressively aligned with the data transition.
More definitions of settling timeDefinition of settling time in:
- The British & World English dictionary