noun(the seven seas)
- All the oceans of the world (conventionally listed as the Arctic, Antarctic, North Pacific, South Pacific, North Atlantic, South Atlantic, and Indian Oceans).More example sentences
- He sailed the seven seas for many years and was respected by all who sailed with him.
- I explained that this stood for the seven continents and the seven seas of the world.
- His ship, Englander, was one of the largest and most reputable on all the seven seas.
More definitions of seven seasDefinition of seven seas in:
- The British & World English dictionary