- The role or behavior learned by a person as appropriate to their sex, determined by the prevailing cultural norms.More example sentences
- The male sex role emphasizes the importance of heterosexuality to masculinity, thus heterosexual males may need to affirm their masculinity by rejecting gay men.
- It has been suggested that boys may tend to be open and active in their sexual encounters with older females, perhaps because actively seeking sex is consistent with the male sex role.
- Interestingly, being quietly bisexual - as long as a man takes the active sex role - is OK.
More definitions of sex roleDefinition of sex role in:
- The British & World English dictionary