Definition of sexism in English:
Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
- It is a practice which perpetuates sexism, sex discrimination and sexual violence.
- No group in the movement can claim to not be effected by systemic racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, and other forms of oppression.
- One has only to think of such prejudices as racism and sexism.
sexual discrimination, chauvinism, gender prejudice, gender bias
sexist adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- He is racist, sexist, and scared of germs and chaos to such a degree that he even has his sweeties colour co-ordinated!
- The answer lies in having always lived and worked with people who are racist and/or sexist.
- Could it be because of positive discrimination and sexist quotas imposed on male would-be doctors?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan