Definition of sexism in English:
Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
- It is a practice which perpetuates sexism, sex discrimination and sexual violence.
- No group in the movement can claim to not be effected by systemic racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, and other forms of oppression.
- One has only to think of such prejudices as racism and sexism.
sexual discrimination, chauvinism, gender prejudice, gender bias
- Example sentences
- He is racist, sexist, and scared of germs and chaos to such a degree that he even has his sweeties colour co-ordinated!
- The answer lies in having always lived and worked with people who are racist and/or sexist.
- Could it be because of positive discrimination and sexist quotas imposed on male would-be doctors?
Words that rhyme with sexismracism • paroxysm • autism
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.