Definition of sextuple in English:
1Consisting of six parts or things.
- But the legendary creations disappeared in July, when Rosa, a married, 60-year-old father of two, underwent sextuple heart bypass surgery.
1.1Six times as much or as many.
- But a 10-foot birdie putt on the 376-yard 15th put Goosen back in sole possession of top spot and he then safely negotiated a final hole which an hour earlier had seen Swede Peter Hedblom put three balls in the water for a sextuple bogey 11.
- Though Live's still going strong (after this mini-tour, they're going back into the studio to record the follow-up to their latest disc, V, working title VI), they're a bit back from sextuple platinum.
- It's tougher to find quadruple, quintuple, and sextuple homophones.
nounBack to top
A sixfold number or amount.
verb[with object] Back to top
Multiply by six; increase sixfold.
- Doctors have long known that family history predicts the condition, but a recent study found having a mother with the disease at age 55 or younger sextupled the risk in offspring.
- He has also, according to the political parties, nearly sextupled the allowance the royal palace gets from the state.
- Her voice, tripled or sextupled in harmony, was the vocal version of his slide-guitar style.
Words that rhyme with sextuplequadruple • septuple
Definition of sextuple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.