1A small bulb that resembles an onion and is used for pickling or as a substitute for onion.
- Saute until the shells begin to brown and add the onion, shallot, scallions, jalapeño pepper, and garlic.
- Add the onion, shallot, scallions, fennel, ginger, and garlic and gently sauté until tender, making sure not to brown.
- Other choices include heavy cropping small tomatoes that don't need pinching out, dwarf beans, leeks, courgettes, spring onions, shallots, garlic and radishes.
2The plant that produces shallots, each mature bulb producing a cluster of smaller bulbs.
- Allium ascalonicum, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- Fall planted garlic and shallots will develop strong root systems in the fall, spend the winter underground, and then spring up at the earliest signs of the arrival of spring.
- Happily it's also easy to grow onions, garlic, and their cousins such as chives, leeks, and shallots in home gardens.
Words that rhyme with shallotallot, begot, Bernadotte, blot, bot, capot, clot, cocotte, cot, culotte, dot, forgot, garrotte (US garrote), gavotte, got, grot, hot, jot, knot, lot, Mayotte, motte, not, Ott, outshot, plot, pot, rot, sans-culotte, Scot, Scott, shot, slot, snot, sot, spot, squat, stot, swat, swot, tot, trot, undershot, Wat, Watt, what, wot, yacht
Definition of shallot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.