Definition of shareholder in English:
An owner of shares in a company.
- As rumours of a buyout surface once more, should shareholders sell or sit tight?
- He is a property developer and a shareholder in and director of a number of companies.
- He has shareholders to answer to, but that does not mean he foists his ideas on people.
- Example sentences
- The issue of bonus shares is not regarded as value received if the individual shareholding is not increased.
- It makes little sense to attempt to cap shareholding per se as a means of limiting control.
- I would never be entirely sure as to the value of the shareholding.
Definition of shareholder in:
- British & World English dictionary