- A fluted conical structure produced in rock by intense mechanical shock, such as that associated with meteoritic impact.More example sentences
- Subsequent work at the Flynn Creek and Wells Creek Basin structures in Tennessee proved that shatter cones from an impact were present there too.
- At Sudbury, Ontario, shatter cones are frequently observed to lie on approximately planar surfaces.
- In 1959 the first man-made shatter cone was produced during an underground nuclear explosion.
More definitions of shatter coneDefinition of shatter cone in:
- The British & World English dictionary