Definition of sheep laurel in English:
A North American kalmia that is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
- Kalmia angustifolia, family Ericaceae
- The shrub layer includes lowbush blueberry, black huckleberry, dangleberry, staggerbush, inkberry and sheep laurel.
- Joining these trees are well-adapted blueberry, huckleberry, and sheep laurel, as well as a variety of mosses.
- Woody shrubs adapted to nutrient poor conditions, such as leather leaf and sheep laurel, begin to appear.
Definition of sheep laurel in:
- British & World English dictionary