- The length of time for which an item remains usable, fit for consumption, or saleable.More example sentences
- Mass production and consumption means a shorter shelf life, for music as well for consumer goods.
- If you expect the consumer to buy a car, a long shelf life and a lot of reading and re-reading will help.
- The ingredients have a shelf life of 3 months in most cases, so use fresh ingredients.
More definitions of shelf lifeDefinition of shelf life in:
- The British & World English dictionary