(also shepherd's check)
- 1A small black-and-white check pattern.More example sentences
- The graphs for the pirie and shepherd's plaid stockings only take you through the calf shaping.
- He has prepared for this by having a shepherd's plaid cap in his pocket.
- He always wore a dark grey cutaway coat, shepherd's plaid trousers, and a cap with a large peak, and out of doors carried a plaid over his shoulder.
- 1.1Woolen cloth with a small black-and-white check pattern.More example sentences
- It shows a man in a kilt and shepherd's plaid, presumably dead from exposure and found by his wife.
- Finally, he wore a suit of small patterned shepherd's plaid and a straw hat.
- Members wore shepherd's plaids, usually a black and white wool check pattern secured by a brooch and carried crooks.
More definitions of shepherd's plaidDefinition of shepherd's plaid in:
- The British & World English dictionary