(also shepherd's check)
Definition of shepherd's plaid in English:
1A small black-and-white check pattern.
- The graphs for the pirie and shepherd's plaid stockings only take you through the calf shaping.
- He has prepared for this by having a shepherd's plaid cap in his pocket.
- He always wore a dark grey cutaway coat, shepherd's plaid trousers, and a cap with a large peak, and out of doors carried a plaid over his shoulder.
1.1Woolen cloth with a small black-and-white check pattern.
- It shows a man in a kilt and shepherd's plaid, presumably dead from exposure and found by his wife.
- Finally, he wore a suit of small patterned shepherd's plaid and a straw hat.
- Members wore shepherd's plaids, usually a black and white wool check pattern secured by a brooch and carried crooks.
Definition of shepherd's plaid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan