- old-fashioned variant spelling of show.More example sentences
- My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
- On Sunday I went to church at a pretty, old church in Bedford & after Mr S shewed me an old Jacobean house (now converted into a mansion by a Yankee, a relative of Carnigie(?) or Pierfont Morgans.)
- The painting bears the inscription ‘Presented to C. Hilton Green, Esqr., M.F.H., by subscribers and farmers of the North Cotswold Hunt as a slight appreciation of the excellent sport he shewed, 1927-1929.’
More definitions of shewDefinition of shew in:
- The British & World English dictionary