noun (plural shidduchim /ˌSHido͞oˈKHēm/)
- A Jewish arranged marriage.More example sentences
- Unfortunately, I cannot speak publicly about it because it will affect ‘shidduchim‘.
- Now I've been on a lot of shidduchim (tr: plural word for arranged meetings with a view to marriage) in my life, and not all of my own volition.
- Turns out that I've done a football shidduch - T is a season ticket holder and has a spare ticket for Monday's big match, and P is a big fan.
late 19th century: Yiddish, from Hebrew šiddūḵ 'negotiation (of a marriage)'.
More definitions of shidduchDefinition of shidduch in:
- The British & World English dictionary