(also shield-tailed snake)
- A burrowing snake that has a flat disk formed from an enlarged scale on the upper surface of the tail, native to the rain forests of southern India and Sri Lanka.
More example sentences
- Rhinophis, Uropeltis, and other genera, family Uropeltidae: numerous species
- Today, he taps the native intelligence of the same tribal communities to find rare species of the shield-tailed snakes that live under the ground.
- Only a few species of snakes, such as sandboas and shieldtail snakes, are capable of making their own burrows, but even they prefer existing burrows, when available.
- Greene lists the following groups as viviparous: Asian pipesnakes, Red Pipesnakes, shield-tailed snakes, boas, dwarf boas, and seasnakes.