- Work comprising recurring periods in which different groups of workers do the same jobs in rotation.More example sentences
- He says any worker doing shift work, or working long hours, needed time to adapt before retiring.
- Later, at the end of a two-hour emergency meeting, the post workers voted to begin shift work in Belfast tomorrow when deliveries are expected to resume.
- If he works a six-day week including shift work and overtime, this brings his total salary up to £20,000.
More definitions of shift workDefinition of shift work in:
- The British & World English dictionary