Changing, especially unpredictably: diverse districts with shifting demographics
More example sentences
- The immediate impact of the shifting policies will vary across the state.
- From shifting populations to the "brain drain" to the farm crisis of the 1980s, we've faced some tough times.
- This year, there was evidence of shifting priorities.
- Used in reference to something that is constantly changing, especially unpredictably: whether something is accepted depends upon the shifting sands of tasteMore example sentences
- Any minister required to speak for the government on its most enduring policy dilemma knows he is on shifting sands.
- At the parish level I have experienced firsthand the shifting sands of Anglicanism from covenant to contract.
- These questions found no purchase on the shifting sands of memory.
Definition of shifting in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.