- 1Giving out or reflecting bright light: a shining expanse of waterMore example sentences
- Through the window, he was not surprised to see the sun was shining.
- Light bounded off the lake, streamed across the high white ceilings, puddled on the shining wooden floors.
- Christ in darkest night Has risen in shining glory.
- 2Brilliant or excellent at something: he has set a shining example with his model behaviorMore example sentences
- The cloud of opinions makes me look for some shining facts.
- Elsewhere in the technology sector, few rays of hope are shining through.
- The only way to decide is through the shining ether of time.
- More example sentences
- He wears the outfit of the young man about town, jeans, a colourful t-shirt, shiningly bright white trainers, a thick silver chain round his neck and one on his wrist, but there is a depth, too.
- Nearby, hucksters sell postcards of the skyline, in which the towers remain shiningly intact.
- With industries closing and population falling, the economic and demographic realities of the north-west are not shiningly positive.