- A small boat carried on board a ship.More example sentences
- The ultimate was a ‘flogging round the fleet’ with so many lashes given at the gangway of each ship with the victim and punishment party in a ship's boat.
- The wooden decking is still reasonably intact, though crowded with fittings to support the ship's boats, remains of davits, and small cleats and bollards for securing the boats.
- Other features along this side of the hull are davits for the ship's boats, the last of which hosts the buoy line.
More definitions of ship's boatDefinition of ship's boat in:
- The British & World English dictionary