Definition of shipboard in English:
Used or occurring on board a ship: playing in a shipboard jazz orchestra
More example sentences
- Here, they teach the midshipmen hands-on navigation and shipboard life.
- This charming book is perfect for younger children to reinforce shipboard safety and the importance of life jackets.
- In their private quarters, the Sailors were treated to an unfamiliar shipboard concept - space.
- on shipboard
- On board a ship.Example sentences
- The Coast Guard began racial integration on shipboard, and the navy followed on some fleet auxiliary ships.
- In perhaps the most reckless display of feminism, women are allowed to serve on shipboard even though a 1981 Navy study showed that they are not capable of handling heavy equipment.
- Such moments control the masterfully disorienting 1928 sequence The Descent of Winter, written on shipboard, and focused on self-doubt in middle age.
Words that rhyme with shipboardchipboard, clipboard
Definition of shipboard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.