- A broker who specializes in arranging charters, cargo space, and passenger bookings on ships.More example sentences
- Many shipbrokers and ship managers are based in Hong Kong because many ships are owned or controlled here, it has excellent communications and is a good place for expatriates to live.
- The Florida-based company is not a shipbroker, but a ship manager.
- The Norwegian shipbroker said spot charter rates for a 74,000 dwt bulk carrier had fallen from a higher of US $53,500 this year to US $16,100 a day.
More definitions of shipbrokerDefinition of shipbroker in:
- The British & World English dictionary