Definition of shipbuilder in English:
A person or company whose job or business is the design and construction of ships.
- Each shipbuilder constructs sections of the ship, while final assembly, outfitting, test and delivery are alternated between them.
- The Ministry of Defence has invited shipbuilders, ship repairers and marine service companies to tender for the supply of the vessels using novel, cost-cutting procurement methods.
- Beyond that, shipbuilders must accommodate specific design requests that give mega-yachts their well-earned reputation for extravagance.
- Example sentences
- Exports are driven mainly by shipbuilding, mineral oils, machinery and equipment.
- In that position, he helped spin off the company's shipbuilding and pipeline divisions.
- The company often hires firms that have no shipbuilding experience to design critical spaces.
Words that rhyme with shipbuilderDrogheda • bodybuilder
Definition of shipbuilder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan