- A person or company that sends or transports goods by sea, land, or air.More example sentences
- The company has made it a thousand times easier to track shipments, by having shippers fill out airbills online.
- Return address labels, pre-paid postage and integrated tracking are becoming more commonly provided by shippers.
- They complete all procedural and documentation formalities involved in customs and port clearance on behalf of the shipper, and arrange for the warehousing of cargo before shipment.
late Old English scipere 'sailor' Current senses date from the mid 18th century.
More definitions of shipperDefinition of shipper in:
- The British & World English dictionary