- 1Ships considered collectively, especially those in a particular area or belonging to a particular country: the volume of shipping using these portsMore example sentences
- There was something as massive and significant as the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway which re-directed much shipping away from Eastern ports.
- Shetland Coastguard and Orkney Harbours are broadcasting warnings to all shipping in the area.
- Besides, if Somalia was key to securing shipping through the area, why did we leave after the Black Hawk Down disaster?
- 1.1The transport of goods by sea or some other means.More example sentences
- Still, to deter underage drinking, the states that allow direct shipping require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Lack of security for low-flying aircraft complicates shipping and transportation too.
- Transportation and shipping have slowed to ensure no further spread of the snake.
- 1.2A charge imposed by a retail company to send merchandise to a customer: statues were available at $20 plus $4 for shipping and handlingMore example sentences
- Even when it comes to paying the shipping and handling fees, remember that you are not paying for the gas to driving across town, the parking and the lost time spent getting there and back.
- Actually, this is my site and I don't make any money off of the shipping and handling fee.
- The price of the garden is $129.95, plus shipping and handling of $19.95 and sales tax, if applicable.
More definitions of shippingDefinition of shipping in:
- The British & World English dictionary