- A licensed agent in a port who transacts or supervises a ship’s business, such as customs and immigration procedures, insurance, or documentation, on behalf of the owner.More example sentences
- He was also the leading auctioneer in the area, believe it or not was also a shipping agent, travel agent, toll collector, playwright and the non-elected spokesman for an entire town.
- According to the officer, boat owners pay shipping agents in Mombasa to make sure goods are cleared through the port without paying taxes or import duties.
- His shipping profits were boosted further by his failure to pay fuel, storage, provision and personnel bills to the shipping agent handling the vessel.
More definitions of shipping agentDefinition of shipping agent in:
- The British & World English dictionary