1A variety of black wine grape.
- He got a yield of six tonnes from the Cabernet and Shiraz variety of wine grapes he cultivated on two acres.
- Full throttle Shiraz and robust Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are inoculated with yeast and made into sparkling wines with unbelievable character and finesse.
- At present, 13 hectares are planted to Chardonnay while the neighbouring property, Nooitgedacht, was purchased recently and planted with Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
1.1A red wine made from the Shiraz grape.
- Made from Shiraz and a dash of old vintage Aussie ports.
- Vintage Shiraz fruit flavours overwhelm the palate with layers of plum and bitter dark chocolate giving the wine a savoury richness.
- Fifteen wineries produce mainly Chardonnay, Sémillon, Shiraz, and Cabernet Sauvignon of relatively modest quality, relying almost entirely on the passing tourist trade.
From Shiraz1, apparently an alteration of French syrah, influenced by the belief that the vine was brought from Iran by the Crusades.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Shiraz in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.