Definition of shoebill in English:
An African stork with gray plumage and a very large bill shaped like a wooden shoe.
- Balaeniceps rex, the only member of the family Balaenicipitidae
- In the Lochinvar, regarded as Zambia's prime birds sanctuary, there is the crested cranes, saddle-bill storks, egrets, wood ibis, vultures and the rare shoebill stork.
- Fortunately, once on the island, we found two more shoebills that stayed motionless among the papyrus, giving us long and lasting memories.
- First, the skulls of those birds are totally and dramatically dissimilar, and second, does this mean that the shoebill is extinct?
Words that rhyme with shoebillhornbill • storksbill
Definition of shoebill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan