Definition of shoebill in English:
An African stork with gray plumage and a very large bill shaped like a wooden shoe.
- Balaeniceps rex, the only member of the family Balaenicipitidae
- In the Lochinvar, regarded as Zambia's prime birds sanctuary, there is the crested cranes, saddle-bill storks, egrets, wood ibis, vultures and the rare shoebill stork.
- Fortunately, once on the island, we found two more shoebills that stayed motionless among the papyrus, giving us long and lasting memories.
- First, the skulls of those birds are totally and dramatically dissimilar, and second, does this mean that the shoebill is extinct?
Words that rhyme with shoebillhornbill • storksbill
Definition of shoebill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.