An African stork with gray plumage and a very large bill shaped like a wooden shoe.
- Balaeniceps rex, the only member of the family Balaenicipitidae
More example sentences
- In the Lochinvar, regarded as Zambia's prime birds sanctuary, there is the crested cranes, saddle-bill storks, egrets, wood ibis, vultures and the rare shoebill stork.
- Fortunately, once on the island, we found two more shoebills that stayed motionless among the papyrus, giving us long and lasting memories.
- First, the skulls of those birds are totally and dramatically dissimilar, and second, does this mean that the shoebill is extinct?
Definition of shoebill in:
- The British & World English dictionary